Wednesday, February 13, 2008

DECISIONS, DECISIONS, NORTH CAROLINA

Well, since I have been told many times lately that I have not posted a new blog since my birthday, I figured that I would please the fans, and since I have a little bit of downtime, I will go ahead and post some updates!

Over the past few months God has been revealing so much to me through many circumstances that have happened in my life....some of them have been an awesome experience and I have loved every minute of them, while others were hard choices that I had to make or some difficult circumstances. Through it all though, I can truly say that I have taken the time to look deep into the situation and try to find what God is trying to show me, and what an awesome thing when God reveals parts of the plan that He has for my life. As I've told many of you, I have outgrown Florida. North Carolina is where my heart is, and now I am just working on the stepping process in order to be able to follow God's calling and move up there! I have been thinking about going and working at Whisper Mountain Ministries for the summer, but I new with me starting a business that it would not be possible for me to be gone that long, and honestly that kind of frustrated me knowing that I knew God wanted me there, but that I would not be able to because of work. Well, so far, I have been unemployed since Christmas, and as much as I love the unemployed life, it's hard not having any money! God has continued to provide me with odd jobs here and there to continue to meet my financial needs. My parents have been on me to get a job (and I guess I can't blame them...they can't support me forever!) but I again did not see how I was going to be able to get a job and go to WMM. I spent so much time in prayer over it, and again, God has fulfilled my need with a job that will take a few months to complete, but I am able to continue to put school first, and work around my schedule. That is one of the huge major hurdles that God has gotten me over, when I thought that there was no way it was going to happen, He had it all worked out already, and continued to open the doors! So, it look like I will still be able to go and serve at Whisper Mountain for the summer! How awesome is God with the way that He works!
I'm also into much prayer (and I welcome you to join me if you like!) over a huge transition in my life with a move to NC. I have served my time here and Florida, and God is calling me to move on and move to a new location where He has huge plans for my life so that I will be able to impact people for Him! I am looking at maybe even as soon as Christmas if everything will work out with school and all that I could be packing up and be out of here! But, I am not putting all my money into that basket as I have seen that God has a funny way of chaning my plans to fit what He has planned for me. What an awesome experience gettting to reflect back on my time, and though I did not see it at the time, being able to reflect on the ways that God has moved, and the awesome things that He has done in my life!


LOOKING UP AT THE CABINS & MESS HALL FROM THE FIELD AT WMM

3 comments:

the burchard bunch said...

Just remember that there is ALWAYS room @ the Burchard Hotel! Anytime, just give us a shout....

Todd said...

Oh, believe me, I will def. be checking in periodicly throughout the summer!!!

(especially on weeks we don't have camp!!!)

Anonymous said...

Hi Todd! First, one thing to remember...as you make decisions on where to take your life over the next 80 years or so, make sure you are running TOWARD what you want and where you can work for God...not just running away from a place that doesn't inspire you. Put your emphasis on that first part.

I was talking a few months ago with Kevin, the minister who married us. I have so much respect for him and his commitment to Christ. I told him about some things I eventually wanted for my life, saying that we'll just have to see if they are what God wants. Kevin looked me right in the eye, smiled, and said, "Lori, God wants to you be happy, so why wouldn't He open up those doors for you?" There was something about the simplicity in that statement that really touched me. I've always thought so much about God's perfect plan for my life, that I had forgotten his love for me. I believe there are many different paths we could choose, through which God will use us if we let him. Be happy; keep listening to God and the people who love you. Have your dreams, and prayerfully and thoughtfully make them come true.