Wednesday, January 16, 2008

21 & FEELING OLD!!

LOOK I'M 21...DON'T I LOOK SO MUCH DIFFERENT FROM BEING 20...HA HA
Well, I turned 21 today, and what an akward feeling it was not...so many people say that turning another year older or "turning a milestone in life" is so devestating, and that they feel so old...well, I don't feel so old yet, and it has not been detremental to me. Yes, it has been such an awesome day spent with family & friends and I have had the best times with lunches and dinners & just being able to be a kid again...well, except for the college classes that I had this morning.



As I look back over the past 21 years of my life, I can't believe that I am at the point that I am at now. Who would have ever thought that I would have turned out to be such an awesome guy that everyone wanted to be around and that nobody could ever get enough of....ha ha, I know that's a lie. But what an awesome life I have had. I have had so manny opportunities that most people don't have in a lifetime. A lot of times I do complain that my life is boring because I don't get to do anything...ha ha, (sorry, I know all of my blogs are all look backs on my life, but that is the fun in this, right?) no, I might not to have gotten to travel all over the world on vacation, or have enough resources to do whatever I have wanted to do, neither have I really "lived life" in mans standards...I have chosen instead to serve God by volunteering in EVERYTHING at church. It gets to the point where I have lost sight of why I do the things that I do within Special Events & the Media Team, and everything else that I have gotten into, but WOW how each of them have helped shape me into who I am today. When I sit back and look at the things of life, I have never gone without what I've needed, and I've always been able to do pretty much what I wanted to. My parents have given and sacrificed so much so that they could be sure that I was where I wanted to be so that I could help out whoever it was. God has used each stage of my life to grow me and teach me so much, although a lot of the time I will admit, I don't remember half of what He has taught me, or else I remember it too late, I thank God every day for the opportunities that He has brought to me, and the roadblocks that He has put up in front of me to test my faith, but most importantly the people that He has put into my life that help me continue to climb that mountain of life, or jump that hurdle that lies in front of me...although not all of the friendships that I have had have lasted through the years, nor have all of them been wonderful, but everything that has happened to me has shaped and molded me into the person that God wants me to be.



I am at a BIG turning point in life, and I just decided to sit down and actualy think about the past 21 years, and to just think about it all I realize how blest I have been, and awesome God has been to me. I want to challenge you to just take some time out of your day, and just sit and focus on God and ask Him to show you how blessed you are. Our daily lives are so busy and we just pass by our blessings every day, and we hope that that person knows how much we love them, we hope that person knows that we appreciate what they've done for us, we hope, we hope, we hope, and yes, a lot of times most people know, but what a blessing it is to them to actualy hear that you love them, that you appreciate them. Look back and see how God has grown you, and who He has used to mold you into who you are, and make sure to realize the many blessings that you actualy have. No, all blessings are not money, are not a huge home, are not a lot of stuff, but the true blessings are the little things and the people that God has given you to help you through life, and to help guide you in the way that He has planned for you. I know it's going to be a hard challenge for me to keep, but I am going to try my best, and I challenge you to do the same thing.

No comments: