Thursday, January 3, 2008

NEW YEAR....STILL NOT ENOUGH TIME!


Well, it is now 2008, and I had thought that I would have time enough to blog everyday, but as it turns out, 2008 has not changed much from 2007! Time is still flying by faster than I can believe and it is continuing to get harder and harder to try and keep in touch with everyone that I would like to! Yesterday was filled with a nice long drive over to Charlotte NC from Robbinsville! The drive was very peaceful except for the fact that I continualy had the fact of icy roads on my mind! I had no problems though with any of the driving, and finaly got here early in the evening! I was greated by two of my favoraitest people and I was so happy to get to see them again! Rusty and Tina have realy had a huge impact on my life over the past few years that I have known them, and I am so thankful that even though they moved away that I am still able to come and visit them and spend time, even though there is never enough time for us, I am continualy reminded that it is not the long periods of time that are spent together that make the friendships that last, but instead the little moments that create who we are together that are forever engrained on our hearts that bond such awesome friends together! I have met a lot of people in my short time, and I have had many friendships that have come and gone, but there are only a few that have lasted throughout the years, and as four of those friendships have moved hundreds of miles away from me, the bond is still there, and every time I get to see them, I treasure each moment that we have! God has given each of us an aloted time here on earth. Some people will choose to lead a life that is so busy that they don't have time for friends and family. Others will lead a life where they try to provide everything that they can and to be the hero because they see a need and they want to help fulfill it, but get so caught up that friendships begin to run shallow. Yet there are some who realize that each friend that we have is a special gift that is hard to get, and even harder to loose, and they invest in the friendships and grow closer to those people. God sends us people that are going to reveal stuff to us that we did not even know about ourselves! Sometimes the good things in us are pointed out, but sometimes the bad things that are going to hurt for a while are pointed out, but each step is a growing process for us in God's grand designed planned for our lives! As I always like to be challenged, I like just as much to hand out a challenge! This year, just take the time for the family, take time for the friends, strengthen what you have, and begin to grow the seeds that God is begining to plant! If there is confusion in a friendship that is causing hurt, go figure it out...is it realy worth loosing that person? I guess, just live the moments of life as if they are your last! Last year I was reminded very painfuly of this 2 times in only 3 months as I lost two of my very close friends, never to be able to tell them how much I appreciate them again in this life! Don't let words go unspoken, or wrinkles unironed! It may hurt now, but it is better to get the hurt out and over with than to have to live a lifetime wishing you could have, and what if.....






Okay, so after my ramblings, here are some pics from the snow of yesterday in Robbinsville!



No comments: