Tuesday, January 1, 2008

SNOW DAY

Welcome Winter!!!! Today we were greeted by a freezing cold morning with the promise of snow later on that day! When the morning came the thermometer read that it was only 30 degrees! I don't believe that it ever got above 37 all day! Today we spent another day of pretty much doing nothing. We went to the camp and played with the whole diet coke & mentos experiment for a while...which that was fun, but it was WAY too cold to be able to stand it and truly have fun! Plus, with everything pretty much frozen, the experiment did not react as well as well as we thought that it would! Then we took a ride through the mountains again because it had not yet begun to snow, so we figured that we would go and track down the snow if it was not going to come and find us! We were successful of finding just a little bit of snow and a lot of ice...oh well I guess, they promise snow tonight! I'm supposed to leave for Charlotte tomorrow some time, but they say that there is a bad snow storm coming, so I might not be able to get out of here! Plus, I'm a Florida boy, and I don't think that I want to be driving on iced roads covered in snow for long distances! I had fun the one time, but it was a small patch, and I don't think that I really want to be doing that for very long! So, I hope that I still get to get out of here to go and see Rusty & Tina, but if not, I'll be thankful for the more timet that I get to spend with Steve & Brandy!

DAVID & CHRISTIAN SETTING UP OUR EXPERIMENT

WHISPER MOUNTAIN CAMP SITE

ME & STEVE

BRANDY & ANNA WERE TOO COLD TO GET OUT OF THE TRUCK!

SNOW ON TOP OF THE MOUNTAIN

SOME MORE OF OUR ROAD TRIP

EVEN MORE ROAD TRIP

BRANDY & I FREEZING OUR BUTTS OFF

DAVID FREEZING HIS BUTT OFF

ICE DOWN THE SIDE OF THE ROAD

LOTS OF ICICLES

DAVID EATING THE ICICLES

BRANDY WAS TOO COLD TO GET OUT OF THE CAR...SO WE TOOK ONE TO HER

No comments: