Monday, December 31, 2007

IT'S THE END OF 2007 AS WE KNOW IT! AND I FEEL FINE!

So, today I have been reminded why I enjoy staying on the ground so much!! Well, first, I must say how horrible the weather is here....this morning when I woke I up I had to endure the tempurture of 31 degrees! I walked outside and everything was covered in frost!! (sorry for all of you Florida people that had to endure the sweat! :) ) The weather has been so beautiful here it is going to be hard to leave and head back home whenever I do! But, back to me being on the ground, we went to do the high ropes course today at the camp, and I had forgotten about what a chicken I am when it comes to heights! It started out great as I was getting all excited about getting to do it, and then actually getting there and seeing how high it was....then the terror begins. I got all harnessed up and was very excited to go, yet still very nervous! David was just so wonderful he flew through it all like it was nothing....(he's also dumb enough to jump out of planes all the time too!) Then, it was my turn to go and fall to my death! I slowly made my way up the cargo net, and got to the top platform, and that is where it all went downhill! The 40 degree weather that was freezing my finger tips off did not help the fact that I hate heights either! I got up to the top and stood on the platform, and decided it was in my best judgement to not attempt going across the wire! So, luckily while I was freaking out, I had my brave belayer (sp?) Brandy Miller down on the ground talking some sense into me and keeping me calm! With her quick thinking and ultimate strength, she quickly guided me in the process of her letting me down to the ground safely. Of course in order to do this, I would have to put all of my trust in her and trust that she would be able to hold me as I dangled by a rope while she guided me down. Of course at the time, there was not much going through my head except to get me down, but after I was back on the ground I started thinking...I had to put all of my trust in her hands to get me down off of a 30 foot pole. That took a lot of trust! But how often do I actualy put my trust in God, and for things so much smaller! I am one that is just as guilty as others! I have become too reliable on my own understandings and my own process of doing things, that most of the time I pass by putting my trust in God. I look to see how I can accomplish my goals and see what I need to do instead of just turning my burden over to God and trusting that He is going to take care of it!




DAVID GETTING READY TO GO ON THE ROPE COURSE
ME CHICKENING OUT ON THE ROPES COURSEBRANDY - OUR HIGH ROPES TOUR GUIDE



DAVID ON THE V-SWINGBRANDY & IDAVID FLYING ACROSS THE WIRESDAVID ON THE V-SWING AGAIN

Well, today marks the last day in the calendar year of 2007! Where has this year gone? It has been filled with many exciting new adventures, new challenges, and new things to learn. As I look back over the past year I am reminded of so many things that bring back wonderful memories! From the time spent with family and friends actualy doing something productive to the times spent just having fun and making fools of ourselves! As I look back over the past 365 days, I realize that my 20th year of life has gone bye and flashed before my eyes! How short our time here on earth is, and how many things that we have to be thankful for and how often we take those things for granted until they are gone! I have had so many blessings this year and I am so thankful for everyone that has crossed my path this year and pushed me forward to become who I am today! Some of them I will never have the chance to tell them again, but I hope that they knew how much they have touched my life, and I hope that everyone else that has touched my life may know not only by my actions, but may I have told them how much they mean to me! If you are reading this, you are probably one of those people that have touched my life, and let me just say now (even though it's kinda impersonal, but it's the thought that counts!) THANK YOU!!



Wishing you all a happy, blessed, and prosperous 2008!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

IT APPEARS THOSE WIRES NEED A "LITTLE" VOLTAGE IN THEM!!