Wednesday, December 26, 2007

LOTS OF FIRSTS!!!!


Well, today I headed over to Steve & Brandy's house after getting some rest at our house in Georgia....Yes, for all of you who care, I did make it up here safely this time!!! So, it started out that I asked for a GPS system for Christmas so that I would be able to navigate around NC without having to think about looking at a map...well, I got it, and what a blast it has been!!! It works SO well!!! I LOVE IT!!! (Thanks mom & dad!!) So, I left our house in Georgia this morning to come to Steve & Brandy's, and I was following some directions mixed between the GPS and my father, so, needless to say, I ended up in who knows where! It took me over an hour longer to get to my destination, and I was not happy about this because I was very excited to get to see Steve & Brandy! The drive through the mountains that I ended up taking was absolutely BREATHTAKING!!!! Getting to see scenery of the mountains and trees for miles and miles, was absolutely amazing! I even got to have some fun when I came across a huge stretch of road that was covered in snow! Now, I'm a Florida boy, and I have never driven through snow or ice (I just started driving in the mountains this summer!) so, when my tires stared spinning, and I was moving across the road in ways that I knew that I shouldn't be, I started to be worried, but then got my grips on how to drive in it, and it was actualy kind of cool! It was awesome to get to just drive through the mountains by myself and just look across God's amazing creation and just take it all in! At home, life is so consuming and busy that I rarely take time to even slow down to look at and observe God's awesomeness!!

I encourage each of you as this busy holiday season continues, before work & school rushes back, just take the time to stop and look at God's creation and take in all of the many blessings that He has given you wether it be health, family, friends, the every day things that we all continualy overlook without even noticing that we do!


Here are some of the pictures that I stopped on the side of the road to take! I'll have more posts as this 3 week adventure continues so, be sure to check out what else has been happening!!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHERE IS THAT SNOW??? I want to go there!

Todd said...

It was only for a short period on my way through the mountains....I don't even know where I was!

Anonymous said...

I KNOW YOU WONT BE SURPRISED THAT YOUR DAD IS "NOT" THRILLED AT THE SNOW AND ICE DRIVING...PLEASE BE VERY CAREFUL. LOVE YOU
PS YOU NEED TO CALL ME