Thursday, December 27, 2007

CAR SICKNESS


Well, another day in NC, another day to explore and spend time with friends. and let me say that the weather is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After a long wild night of ghetto uno with the peeps, I was awaken by the sound of children running around upstairs (as I am sleeping in the basement) at what seemed to be like 3 in the morning, but it was probably around 9 in the morning....We got up and went and spent some time at Whisper Mountain Ministry this morning as Stephen & David tried to figure some stuff out that they are working on. Brandy and I sat and talked about the camp and how amazing it is to see the God driven vision of Marty & Patty Paul be brought to life slowly but surely with their steady and faithful following of God! Some of you know about Whisper Mountain Ministry (http://www.whispermountain.org/) but it is such an amazing series of stories of how God has just laid everything out in His perfect timing for this camp to become a reality. So many times we think that what we do, whether it be for ourselves or for the Lord, should come in the timing that we are planning on, but this camp is just a testament that God's timing is not always our own. I saw a plaque somewhere not too long ago that said "God is never in a hurry, but He is always on time" It is hard for us to remember that sometimes as we continue to get caught up in the business of life, and expect everything to happen when we want it, and when we will be able to see the results, but God does not always plan on us fulfilling His full work or something, but for us to just plant a seed in a greater design that He has in store!
DAVID AT ONE OF OUR MIDNIGHT GAMES OF GHETTO UNO
THE BEVERAGE THAT SUSTAINS US THROUGH OUR LONG NIGHTSSTEVE AT THE SAME GAME - HE'S GOT A LOT OF CARDS
After some time at the camp we headed off to go and take some hikes and drives through the mountains! I was very excited about that! I love to go hiking through the mountains (even though I am deathly alergic to poison ivy...but that doesn't stop me!) It has been a long time since I have actually ridden through the mountains in the back seat of the vehicle, and I completely forgot about me getting carsickness through the twists and turns of the mountains! Needless to say, the ride was pretty miserable, but when we would get out of the vehicle and all just go look out over the mountains and valleys that are absolutely breathtaking, it is always still just a reminder of how great our God is, and how often we continue to take everything that He has given us for granted! I, having grown up in Florida am in utter amazement of the mountains and views there, while what I have grown bored with (flat land & beaches) amaze others that come to visit Florida. As we drive to work or school every day we pass so many single miracles that have been placed right in front of us, but out daily routines have blocked out what God is using to try to speak to us. We are so time driven, and as most people, we all are running late, and don't take the time to smell the roses. The year 2007 has come and gone, and in just a few days we will start a new year. I challenge you, just as I am challenging myself to everyday just slow down and to look for the little miracles that God sends our way, they are probably not going to be as big as a mountain, or as wide as an ocean, but if we truly seek to find the things that God has given us and to truly appreciate these, our eyes will be opened to so much of the things that God has for us that we pass by every time we look around!

DAVID, CHRISTIAN, & ANNA AT ONE OF OUR STOPS

STEVE & JUDE ON OUR JOYCE KILMORE HIKEDAVID, STEVE, BRANDY & JUDE TAKING A RESTDAVID, CHRISTIAN & ROCKY TRYING TO LOOK COOL Well, it is time for us to continue our Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy marathon, so, I'm gonna go have a few laughs at that, but I will be back tomorrow with some more stuff of what's happening in my month long vacation to North Carolina!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what's up with that small Mountain Dew can??? I'm glad you're having a great time - wish I was in the mountains!

Denise

Todd said...

It's the necessity of life with us!!! That is what we thrive off of when we are all so tired, but we are not smart enough to go to bed!!