Monday, January 7, 2008

ROCKET SHIPS & FAITH


Alrighty, so today has been filled with SO many different things....Happiness, joy, hurt, dissapointment, surprise...Today is my last day here with Rusty & Tina...at least for a little bit until I move up here! It has been a sad day in so many ways...knowing that it is going to be my last day, and that I will not see them until probably Thanksgiving! I have had such an awesome time getting to hang out with them again, and getting to spend some more time with them. Being here just makes me miss them more, I really do miss them so much (and yes Tina, I do miss the kids too!) Rusty & Tina are two awesome people! For those of you who don't know them....you're missing out on a lot! They have encouraged me in my down times, challenged me to become a better person, and just been two best friends that anyone could ask for, and I am going to miss them so much! Then there's Megan who I have had to deal with.....God bless her ministry :) No, seriously, we have had a fun time hanging out for the short time that I have been here, and I wish that I could stay longer just so that I could bug her more....but that time will come later! Today I hung out around Charlotte and just explored the town this morning while everybody was at work...it is an awesome town! Then the family went to David Busters to have a fun night of walking around the mall, bowling and just hanging out before I have to head back home. What an awesome time!!!!


Today I have also been reminded about challenges in our lives. God does not promise that life is going to be easy, but he promises to provide all of our needs according to HIS plan....and right now it is definately a truthful test of faith. I know I have always heard people talk about trials that they have gone through, and just brushed them off and thought...hm, I'm lucky to not have to go through them....and then here I am smack dab in the middle of, and realize how hard it is to see how God is going to provide what we need. Again today I am slammed in the face with the message from last night at Ridge Church about BIG PRAYER. I made one of those big prayers, and am already seeing God answer those prayers. I have made a commitment to Him, and now he has pushed me over the side of the cliff and said "Trust me!" It is not an easy thing for me to do seeing as I have no idea where my needs are going to be met, but as I look at it, what an awesome chance to be one of the people that can truthfuly say, I don't know how it is happening, but because I have put my full faith and trust in God, He is meeting my needs and supplying what I need. It could be one of the scariest things that I have to do, and I do often loose sight of it as any human being would do, but how awesome to sit and think...if I am fully trusting God, than He is going to supply what I need, no it may not be everything that I want, but He is going to supply it. So many times when we make a commitment to God, it is easy to fall off of and loose sight of our goal because Satan is right there pulling us in the opposite direction, but when you have no where to go, and no where to turn to, and it seems that you are down and out, how awesome to know that God is right there by our side saying "Reach out and take my hand, trust me and I am going to take care of you!" and how awesome to know that He is going to take care of you!


So, while we were at the mall tonight, Rusty & I found a bin of clearance cd's at the christian bookstore and one of the cd's that we found was "Space, Love, & Bull Fighting" by Havalina...I dont' know if many of you remember this group active from like 95 -05....but one of their songs was titled "Rocket Ship" I would encourage you to go and find it online for some good comic relief!

No comments: